Southern Cross Kayaking Terms and Conditions
First and foremost, we want you to join us for a fun, memorable and rewarding paddle experience, that will stay in your hearts for years to come and who knows, perhaps become a new passion for you, that encourages you to enter the world of this fabulous sport. On the business side of things, Terms and Conditions and Risk Assessments are a necessary part of our offering, so please note these before you join us.
But don’t forget, you are in good hands, John and Cindy, owners of Southern Cross Kayaking and your tour guides are qualified by Paddle Australia, the peak National Industry body. We are experienced, use industry approved best practice and quality equipment, and hold current first aid qualifications.
General Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can be made for tours only. We do not take bookings for general equipment hire.
- Full payment is required at time of booking for Tours via credit card (Visa or Mastercard), EFT or cash.
- All prices included are inclusive of GST.
- Participants accept that the sport and activity of kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding involve some degree of risk and agree to assume the risk of injury or damage while undertaking these activities with Southern Cross Kayaking.
- Southern Cross Kayaking endeavours to make your paddling experience fun and safe. Participants in our activities should be reasonably physically fit and comfortable in water.
- All participants or Guardians must read, sign and agree to the Southern Cross Kayaking 'Risk Agreement' form prior to each activity.
- It is an offence to operate a vessel under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Participants suspected of being the influence of alcohol or drugs you will not be able to participate in an activity with Southern Cross Kayaking. A refund may not be given should you arrive under the influence of anything other than caffeine.
- All participants are wholly responsible for the equipment, its passengers and third parties whilst the kayaks/SUP(s) or equipment are in their control for the period of the tour or hire. Participants agree to exercise due care and accept responsibility for any incident that may occur and will reimburse Southern Cross Kayaking in the event of any loss or damage to the equipment and/or to any other person or property in a timely manner, within 7 days of the incident.
- Southern Cross Kayaking reserves all rights to cancel or reschedule the activity if the participant numbers do not meet the minimum requirements.
- Southern Cross Kayaking reserves all rights to cancel an activity if participant(s) fail to follow instructions given (whether provided in writing, verbally or signalled) in relation to the activity or tour being undertaken by Southern Cross Kayaking staff and the participants. A refund may not be given.
- Southern Cross Kayaking reserves the right to alter advertised operating hours in the event of adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Changes due to weather
Like all outdoor activities our tours or equipment hire may be impacted by mother nature.
The safety and enjoyment of the group will always be the deciding factor and such decisions are at the sole discretion of Southern Cross Kayaking and its operators. Should we need to cancel pre- booked tours or equipment hire, we will contact you as soon as possible prior to your scheduled start time if weather conditions dictate any changes.
Rain showers on the day of the tour will not necessarily result in cancellation, in fact some of our most memorable and enjoyable paddles have been in rainy conditions. If rain is forecast, please bring a spray jacket.
Southern Cross Kayaking reserves the right to alter advertised operating hours in the event of adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Conditions of high wind or electrical storms may prompt instant cancellation or postponement of the tour.
- Southern Cross Kayaking reserves all rights to cancel or reschedule an activity in the event of adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event that Southern Cross Kayaking must cancel an activity due to inclement weather, or for any other reason, the activity may be rescheduled or a credit voucher for the full value of the reservation will be issued with a validity date of 6 months from the cancellation date. If the activity cannot be rescheduled a full refund may be processed. (Please note that Southern Cross Kayaking are unable to refund any fees charged by third party booking agencies).
Once you have made a reservation and it has been confirmed, cancellation charges may apply if you are unable to attend. We understand you may be on holiday, plans change, and things can take longer than you think – and we will help you as much as possible, however, we may have turned people away and lost business because of your cancellation.
Please note the following:
- Reservations cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- No refunds are made for cancellations within 24 hours.
- All other cancellations incur a 15% cancellation fee.
- Please note that in the event of a no-show, full payment is required.
- Cancellation notification must be given in writing and via phone call to Southern Cross Kayaking. (We are often in areas without internet reception, so please make sure you have spoken with us in person to advise of any changes.)
- Participants unable to join a tour due to COVID-19 restrictions imposed after booking will ideally be offered the chance to reschedule or be provided with a credit voucher. In some extenuating circumstances, a refund of the Tour cost may be given. (Please note we are unable to refund any fees charged by third party booking agencies).
- The information provided by you during the booking process and any other information sent to us by you or otherwise obtained by us about you is only used for the purposes of fulfilling your requests for our products, providing a personalised service, and maintaining accounts and records.
- Southern Cross Kayaking do not save or keep your credit card details once payment has been processed.
- Photographs may be taken during Southern Cross Kayaking activities which may be placed on social media and used for general marketing purposes. We will not identify any individuals. You will be asked to provide your consent on our Risk Assessment documentation.
Gift Vouchers make an awesome present, award, bonus or treat for adults and kids who love a great experience. You can purchase your gift vouchers by contacting us directly with your request.
- All Southern Cross Kayaking Gift Vouchers are valid for 3 years from date of purchase. Although it is preferable that voucher holders use their voucher within 12 months of purchase, bookings can be made within the 3-year validity date. (Don’t wait enjoy your experience now)
- The expiry date is clearly displayed on the gift voucher and must not be tampered with. Vouchers that do not match the validity date stored on our computers may not be redeemed.
- Southern Cross Kayaking accepts no responsibility for any stolen, lost or fraudulent gift vouchers. Voucher holders and recipients are responsible for the safe keeping of the gift voucher(s). Any lost or stolen vouchers should be reported with Southern Cross Kayaking ASAP to avoid fraudulent use.
- Vouchers whether valid or expired are non-refundable in whole or in part and cannot be transferred to cash for full or partial dollar value. Upon expiration, a voucher is no longer valid and transaction attempts will be declined. Any unused value at the expiration date is non-refundable.